Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Things from God

Just wanted to share a few good things. God has been showing us his beauty and glory in different ways, allowing us to have joy. Last week I shared that I might have had a hernia and had been having a lot of anxiety about it. I went to the Dr. today and it is NOT a hernia, but probably an inflamed muscle or tendon/ligament in my hip from a sprained hip or some sort of muscle injury. No surgery required thus far. I got lots of x-rays today and will go to an orthopedic surgeon next week. That Dr. will look at what type of injury it might be, if I should get a cortisone shot and possibly an MRI to see if anything is torn. So, I'm praising God that it's nothing too serious. Trusting Him is not always easy, but He still provide comfort and shows He has good things for us.

Another GREAT thing is that my new nephew was born on Saturday morning! My mom called me at 2:30am AZ time (5:30am IN time) to say my sister was at the hospital and the contractions had started. Everyone (but us) was headed to the hospital. I was able to get on Skype with my younger brother and sister for 2 hours while we all waited in the waiting room at the hospital together. My mom was in the delivery room with my sister and was texting me with updates. She later came out and told us Zephaniah Lee was born at 9:33am. My entire family: mom, dad, Katelyn, Michael Wayne and Eric and I (through Skype) were all able to go into the delivery room to see Tracy and Chris and to meet Zephaniah all at the same time. It was really special and I was so thankful to be a part of it even though we live across the country and 3 time zones away. Zephaniah was 6 lbs 12 oz., 19 1/2 inches long. He has my sister's eyes and Chris's nose and lips. He has dark hair and the cutest little yawn. Below are some pictures of him. Now we're really excited to go home in less than 2 weeks to see our family and hold our newest little member. It's so funny how much love I have for this little guy, even before he was born. I can't wait to be a doting Aunt, even when I'm here in AZ. We are so grateful that he is healthy and here finally!





No comments:

Post a Comment