Friday, July 8, 2011

Change for Change




This past week a gorgeous, creative, fellow blogger of mine has INSPIRED me to SHINE along with her to help high school students reach their dream of going to college. A fellow Arizonian (is that a word?), Ashley LeMieux from The Shine Project has a GOAL of raising $20,000 for the Shine Scholarship Project to go towards a college scholarships for four Phoenix high school students. This is a HUGE, AMAZING goal!


Check out what Ashley wants to do:
"My goal is to raise $20,000 for The Shine Project Scholarship Fund by the end of October. The money will specifically be going to four students at Cesar Chavez High School in Phoenix, Arizona, to help them pay for their first year of college. This will be accomplished in two ways. The first way is by doing CHANGE for CHANGE jars. You have the opportunity to get involved by pledging to do a CHANGE jar. I have tags to send you, and for the next three months you will throw your leftover change in this jar. Those of you who are brave will also get your friends, neighbors, and businesses around you to to show a little love and donate."

My goal is simply to HELP! To make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of 4 students who want to pursue their dreams! BUT, I need your help! My goal is to help Ashley and The Shine Scholarship Fund by raising $100 by October through my own Change for Change jar. If you work with me, see me on the weekends, or even if you live farther away... would you be willing to help too?

All I'm asking is for you to save your lose change for the next three months. Whenever you see me, if you are willing, let me know if you have change to put in the bucket! I'll have one jar with me at work and one at home. TOGETHER you and I along with tons of other inspired people will make some amazing dreams come true for high school students that otherwise would have no means to even think about affording college.

Check out more details at: The Shine Project - Change 4 Change

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I'm also doing "Change for Change." Can't wait to see how much money we all can raise! I believe we're going to exceed her goal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Ashley's link up! I haven't decorated my jar yet, but I'm also doing Change 4 Change! I'm really excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! this is awesome :) thanks for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing it too, but my jar is not near this pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little bucket...too cute!

    ReplyDelete