Sunday, May 22, 2011

Catching Up

I don't want to even know how many days it has been since I last blogged. Not that I am a slacker... trust me. I've been busy buying a new house, packing to leave for our trip home to Indiana this week, working on my graduate class, working 40 hours a week, etc. BUT, I have missed blogging! So this will be a catch up blog - and will include some Thrifty finds!

Tomorrow, my hubby and I are headed HOME to INDIANA! We haven't seen our families in a long time and we'll be spending a week with them! My sister-in-law is getting married next weekend and we're both in the wedding! I'll post in a blog when we get home about our trip. But later this week, I'll be blogging about our trip to the Grand Canyon last weekend along with pictures. It was gorgeous!

So for starters... we're buying a house!!! We put an offer on a 2 story, 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom home in Sun City (Peoria School District though) and it was accepted! We should be moving in mid-June, so I will have a lot of packing to get done in the next few weeks! I feel like I am a pro, however, with moving across the country around this time last year. I pack up our entire house, by myself, in Indiana, when my husband had to head to AZ before me to start work. Yep... I think I can handle packing an apartment. Here's some pics of what the house looks like!

Front of the house


Kitchen

Eat in Area

Master bedroom

Master Bathroom
I think the first thing my mom said, "Wow, you're going to have a lot to clean!".... thanks Mom. Now I am aware of that. But it will be worth it! It's a great house for our children to grow up in, in a great school district, so I am so thankful for God. He intervened on this house hunting process in a great way!

In addition to the happy home buyers... I also am a happy clearance shopper lately. And here is why:
Super soft cream shirt: Target Clearance $4.94
Headband: Charming Charlie's $3

Cream Shirt: Target Clearance $3.98
Black Pencil Skirt: Target Clearance $4.94
Headband: Charming Charlie's $3

Love those cute headbands I got at Charming Charlie's for $3 each!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the house, that looks wonderful! Great thrifty finds too, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your house. NOW, with plenty of room.. Can you kindly invite 4 Californian's to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU and YOURS can visit anytime you want!!! The sooner the better! :)

    ReplyDelete