Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Setting Goals: How am I doing...

So usually on Tuesdays, I write about the different goals I've been wanting to achieve. And today I'm going to be completely honest and let you know how I am (or am not) working toward these goals. I have to say... there are things I'm let myself down in and it just means I'm going to have to work that much harder to be intentional in achieving these goals. There are a few things I've been working harder at and being intentional in my efforts, so I can say I'm a little proud of myself, but there can always be improvements made.

So... Let's review the first two categories of goals... shall we? Okay!

Spiritually and in my marriage:
1. I want to be intentional in my walk with Christ by praying and digging into the Word on a daily basis.

*Praying is definitely happening everyday, all the time! Actually diving into my Bible... that's a different story. Maybe once or twice a week? I know.. not cool, Kelly. This has always been a weakness of mine, but I love when I do read and find something God is using for me at the exact moment in my life. Something I do love doing is writing in a prayer journal.


2. I want to be intentional in my respect and have a servant's heart for my husband and in our relationship.
*I have prayed for a long time to be a selfless wife; to serve my husband, love him unconditionally, and to be his supporter. I feel like this will always be a work in progress depending on what we face. But I do hope my husband sees how much I respect him and want to serve him as the leader of our home. He's a great man.


3. I want to be intentional in praying for our marriage, specifically for each other, for our future children, family, friends, our home, and our jobs.
*With the exciting, big things that have been happening in our lives, we've been praying together everyday! Sometimes several times a day! Between Eric's new job, looking for a house (and putting an offer on one!), our families trials and health, and celebrating with those who are being blessed... we are faithful to pray!


Physical/Mental Health
1. I want to be in the gym, working out, 5-6 days a week and start eating more healthy. 
2. Lose 8-10 lbs. by June 1st!
*So #1 and 2 go together... the purpose of my working out and eating better is to lose weight! I am at the gym everyday but Wednesday (usually my papers are due that night) and Friday (date night) usually. I enjoy it, it's hard work, but getting that workout in has been essential to by stress level (the decrease of it that is!)  The weight loss part... well I can tell that I'm toning up more, but I still have a solid 5-8 lbs to lose yet! I have discovered how much I love spinach salad. Yes, mother, this is me talking, your child who HATES anything green and is labeled as a vegetable. I now am loving my spinach, as well the wide variety of fruit that are always in season in AZ! Did I also mention frozen yogurt.. which is usually fat free and low sugar? Can't get enough.

3. Get more organized in my masters degree (a.k.a not procrastinating!) Get and stay organized in our apartment, closets, etc.
*Closets organized- check! Am I still procrastinating? - check! I am doing better about not waiting till the last night before my paper is due... but this is still a work in progress.

So there ya go... yes some more dedication and effort need to be put into some of these areas where I'm slacking and trust me... the encouragement is appreciated! It's not easy to set this many goals for yourself and not expect challenges. But, I CAN do ALL things through CHRIST who strengthens me!

AMEN?! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment