Friday, April 29, 2011

Exciting Things

Yes, I know...I've been absent from the blog world this week. It's been a stressful one and I had a few other things to keep me busy, so I thought you might understand. But I'm here now! (That's what matters right!)

Exciting things are happening in mine and Eric's lives right now! He accepted a regional sale position with The Coca Cola Company and will start there on May 17th!
This is a great opportunity for him to travel just a little within Arizona's borders and get back into a job that allows him to build relationships! This also means we will be consuming more Coke products in our household (currently we're Mountain Dew, aka Pepsi people).
We're continuing to pray about our next steps in life here in Arizona in regards to houses and really seeking God's wisdom about his plans for us! We're also coming up on our 3 year wedding anniverary on May 17th! I know this is super cheesy, but watching the Royal wedding today just reminded me of the complete joy I had on my wedding day. And how I've already met my own prince charming.

We will be heading up to the Grand Canyon to go camping the weekend before our anniverary! Talk about ME being BRAVE! I haven't gone camping in years... please note, we will be in a TENT. I'm already praying that there are no wild animals around, espeically snakes. And that it will be above 50 degrees at night.... that's a long shot considering right now it's usually in the 40s. It will be an adventure, but I am super excited for Eric to see one of God's most amazing creations on this Earth! I've been to the Grand Caynon with I was in high school and I'll never forget the awe of this giant specticle.

 

It's going to be a busy weekend - I helping with the SHINE PROJECT first ever service day which is happening tomorrow in Phoenix, ((with it's creator Ashley LeMieux!)) I am sooo honored to be a part of it and finally get to meet this inspiring woman! We are bringing in tons of donated clothing to give away to the women and children that live at this domestic shelter. More pictures and a blog to come Monday about our experience!  Also that afternoon our church is volunteering for Relay for Life in Peoria, AZ. This event is an all night fundraiser for the American Cancer Society! Families and friends who are living with cancer, are cancer survivors, or participating in honor of someone with cancer come together for a night of games, celebration, rememberance, and fun to raise awareness for this awful disease. Eric and I are helping mainly in honor of his Grandpa Tom that passed away 3 years ago of lung cancer.

Have a fabulous weekend!
Look for my post on Monday about the Shine Project service day!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your husband on the job! I just did a project on The Coca-Cola Company, the company has a pretty interesting history! You probably already know this, but they made the image of santa claus as a rosy-cheeked, fat, jolly guy with a white beard popular! Also, jealous of your grand canyon trip, I want to go there someday! And I love the Shine project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely news for you! Congrats! I haven't ever seen the Grand Canyon, but would LOVE to do a camping trip there. Any tips on where to camp out? Also, I love the SHINE project you all put together. Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    Emily, since the Grand Canyon is a national park, there are only a few lodges and few places to camp up there. For us, the south rim is the closest, so we'll be camping in the park there. BUT you can also ride a donkey to the bottom of the canyon and camp on the floor too!

    ReplyDelete