Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Setting Goals: Part 2

Last Tuesday I shared with you some goals I feel God has wanted me to implement in my life. They include spiritual, physical, relational, and creative goals. They are pretty simple things I want to add to my life such as a better diet, learning more about photography and vital actions such as being in the WORD everyday and growing with God and my husband. Here are a few more goals in each area that I've created.

Spiritually and in my marriage:
1. I want to be intentional in my walk with Christ by praying and digging into the Word on a daily basis.

  • Honesty moment: Need to be doing better about the "daily basis" part, but God is working in our lives and it's evident!

2. I want to be intentional in my respect and have a servant's heart for my husband and in our relationship.



Physical/Mental Health
1. I want to be in the gym, working out, 5-6 days a week and start eating more healthy. 
  • I'm doing good at this so far! Eating more fruit and protein and less carbs and sweets! I also have been in the gym 5-6 days a week for about an hour or more each time!
2. Lose 8-10 lbs. by June 1st! 
  • Even though I'm not cheering and tumbling anymore, I still would love to get back to the weight I was in high school and while I was cheering in college. This means I will be able to fit into all my clothes instead of having to go buy bigger clothes (saving money, that's motivation!). Also, I'm in my sister-in-law's wedding Memorial Day weekend... and it's almost always swimsuit season in Arizona!

Relationally
1. I want to be intentional in keeping in touch with my family and friends by writing letters, cards, sending emails, making phone calls, and skyping. To ask how they're really doing and be involved in their lives.
  • Okay, I've sucked at this part so far and I am so sorry. I need to make time to call my friends at home because I love them and want to be invested in their lives.. even from 2000 miles away. It is a little hard with the 3 hour time difference, but I need to stop making excuses! And I love writing cards and will be taking the time to do that tomorrow!
2. Spend more time with the friends' we've made here in Arizona and be intentional in developing relationships with them.
  • Making this a priority already! Friday night went to the Dbacks baseball game with Megan and Doug Milem and Sunday night played sand volleyball with several friends for a few hours! Good times!

Creatively
1. I want to print all the pictures I've taken since we've lived in Arizona and not only put them in frames, but use some of them as art in my home. I also want to take more pictures of our scenery here and learn to edit better!
  • So I've started editing some of my pictures and love it, thank you Picnik. I've gotten all my scrapbooking stuff out again and will be going through all my pictures determining which ones to blow up and put on our walls.
2. Continue blogging with words from my heart in hopes of inspiring others to be full of life, creativity, and love!
  • Another honest moment: I love blogging. I love getting creative and sharing my life in words. I love reading how people are inspired to change their own lives and others through love, kindness, and creativity. Whether you share how you get through your week or what you want to do in life or how you're struggling, everyone has a story and needs to share it! 

Live out loud because it is one B-E-A-U-tiful life!


I'm already seeing how God is working in our lives and I can't even BEGIN to tell you the immense appreciation and love I have for my husband and how much I'm cherishing him all over again. Thank you God for teaching me that and showing me how to love him more. In addition, one of my favorite verses I've read lately is this:


"So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience;bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Colossians 3:12-17

So... What are your goals?!

No comments:

Post a Comment