Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays

Here is the first of hopefully many "Thrifty Thursdays" blogs. Of my creative goals, one of them is to get organized as well as get creative! God gave everyone talent and whether that is musical, academic, financial, or being a great shopper or dresser, we need to live up to our creative potential! I want to inspire YOU to love and live up to your creative potential and talent! You might even surprise yourself at how much you learn, how much you enjoy being creative, and how good you are at it!

Ever see something really cute in those $1 bins at Target but don't know what you'd ever do with it?? Or see a really cute top or piece of jewelry on clearance, but not sure what outfit you could wear it with, even though you'd really like to buy it just because it's that cheap? I will be posting items such as home decor, clothing, shoes, jewelry, and recipes that I bought or found for cheap and how to use those things. I'll post pictures of many ways to use those thrifty finds to hopefully give you some ideas for cheap yet classy and cute decorating and dressing... and maybe even throw in a few good recipes I've found.

For our first Thrifty Thursday:
I walked into Target Tuesday on my lunch hour to look for a wall calendar and planner (part of my getting organized goal) and stopped immediately at the $1 bins at the front of the store. After looking around at the cute little Easter items currently in stock, I saw these cute $1.00 tin buckets. Feeling creative, I instantly thought of quite a few things I could use these little colorful buckets for. Thus my thought of this blog... we are all looking for affordable ways to dress or decorate, and I love a good deal (don't you?!), so this is my attempt to hopefully inspire others to get creative with simple finds.

There were many color options but I chose two yellow buckets and a silver one mainly because I have green and yellow in my living room and black, white, and yellow in our main bathroom. So for $3 (and 10% in taxes, thank you AZ), here are a few ideas of how to use these!




Pop color into any plan white wall or shelf/bookcase:




Use as part center piece on your dining room table or coffee table, add floral arragements, candy, etc:





Need a place to put washcloths or hand towels in your guest bathroom? Try this!

If you're like me, when it comes time to grocery shop, I have to stand at the fridge and make a list. So, put the pens and paper right there! Or is you have little kiddos and they want to help, put the buckets at their level!


Hopefully this has given you a few inspiration ideas for such simple and cheap finds. I thought of a lot of other different ways to use these $1 buckets. Other ideas could be to hold the remote controls, markers or crayons for the kiddos, or try tying ribbon around the handle and hang on the wall with small floral arrangements. Anything you can think of...BE CREATIVE!

3 comments:

  1. We are moving April 28th, want to come help me decorate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... yes Hadley (and mommy), I would love to come help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute for words Kelly! I look forward to more of your creative ideas! xoxo
    ~Mylisha

    ReplyDelete